PS-4 / PS-5 Transaxle
PBS-4/PBS-5 Sequential Off Road Transaxles
The PBS sequential 4 speed transaxle is designed to be a cost-effective, strong, and reliable unit using proven components and technology.
One inch wide gears on 85mm shaft centers.
The ratchet type sequential shift mechanism designed, manufactured, and assembled by PBS is well proven and has been used in a number of transaxles. A spring return remote shift lever assembly and a separate remote reverse lever are supplied with the transaxle.
PBS-5 Same as PBS-4 with exception of ¾” wide gears and addition of 5th gear. PBS-5 is a very popular transaxle for use in competition Class 10 vehicles.
- 4 speed plus high strength reverse.
- Internal reverse lockout (requires neutral selection prior to reverse)
- Output flanges for 934/935 CV joints.
- 9.2 inches across CV flanges.
- Standard 9” bell housing
- Dog clutch non-syncro gear engagement with replaceable 6 dog face plates on gears.
- Gear locations 1st,3rd,4th,and 2nd
- 1” wide gears
- 85mm shaft spacing
- .7” wide reverse gears
Helical gears for 1st gear:
3.27, 3.09, 2.91
Helical 2nd, 3rd, 4th gears:
.96, 1.00, 1.04, 1.10, 1.14, 1.20, 1.26, 1.32, 1.37, 1.44, 1.50, 1.56, 1.59, 1.67, 1.75, 1.86, 1.93, 2.08, 2.14, 2.21.
Straight cut gears available at this time, others in process:
1st 3.08, 2nd, 2.08. 3rd,1.67. 4th, 1.22.
Available R&P Ratios:
4.13, 4.57. 4.63, 4.86, 5.13 and 5.43
Reverse rotation ratios:
5.13 and 5.43
- Sequential shift lever assembly included
- Reverse cable operated shift lever included
- All castings are A356 –T6 aluminum